Comedian Jay Leno was injured in a recent motorcycle accident, and while this resulted in some very painful injuries, the good news is that he’s recovering well. Speaking with the Las Vegas Review-Journal, Leno revealed that the accident happened back on Jan. 17, though it hadn’t been reported by the press up to this point. The former Tonight Show host says he’s since been recovering after the accident left him with multiple broken bones, but even so, Leno feels “OK” and is even already back to work.

This accident follows a car fire that left Leno with burn injuries that he’s also still recovering from. Back in November, Leno was working on a classic car in his garage when a freak accident caused second-degree burns on his face, chest, and hands. At the time, the incident received a lot of press coverage. When asked about how recovery is going in his new interview, that’s when Leno revealed what happened with a second accident. From the interview:

MOVIEWEB VIDEO OF THE DAY

Leno also explained what happened with the motorcycle. He had been testing a classic bike when he noticed the smell of leaking gas, something that he would obviously take very seriously by this point. He went to get off the road, at which point he rode straight into a wire that clotheslined him off the motorcycle.

Jay Leno Wanted to Keep a Low Profile

     CNBC  

Leno also said he didn’t want to make the press aware of the accident any sooner as he’d already gotten so much media attention from the November incident. After the motorcycle accident, Leno just found it easier to keep this one to himself, at least for a little while.

Meanwhile, some more bad news comes in for Leno this week, as it was revealed that his TV show Jay Leno’s Garage has been canceled by NBC after seven seasons. This ends a run of more than 30 years on the network, going back to when he first started serving as the host of The Tonight Show in 1992. Even so, whether he’s not on television or recovering from serious accidents, it doesn’t seem there’s any stopping the funnyman from continuing to perform on stage. He is set to headline at the Encore Theater in Las Vegas in March.